Saturday 22 September 2007

Without you…


With or without you, I told myself, I will continue to go strong..
With or without you, I consoled myself, my life, still will keep moving on…

It’s been a few months since those days now, oh don’t they feel like ages…
I guess, once you get into it, life flips very fast, through its pages…

I promise you, there hasn’t been one meal, that has ever tasted less better, just because you aren’t around…
I promise you, there hasn’t been one rain, that has ever smelt less sweeter, every single time it first hits the ground…

No, I don’t even feel your absence when I travel alone all day long…
Anyways when with you, only that boring silence was my favorite song…

Today, when someone talked about you, I couldn’t recall your face…
C’mon, there ain't no guilt, I am happy, my brain knows what part of the past it can afford to erase...

In this rare moment, when, for a change, I have got nothing else to do…
I decide to turn back, one last time, and look back at the past, that I painted with you.

It seems so hazy... it seems so distant…
I just can’t identify with it, at this instant…

With, not without you, there was so much pain…
I can see a face lose itself in agony and disdain…

I have got a sprain in my neck, can’t keep looking back for too long…
From the little that I just saw, I know, I am better off looking straight and moving on..

As I bid my last adieu to those years, those days, those moments that are too heavy too treasure…
I admit they were a necessity, maybe not in such a large measure….

To avoid the stumbling, the fall and the bruises, as I get onto the fast lane;
To know the steps, from the stones....{sigh ;-) }
I just need to glance back into the memory lane……

1 comment:

Shru said...

Firstly the puppy there is very cute! :-)
Memories come rushing back to your mind when history repeats itself..or when there is ample amount of time to reflect back..
sometimes u just dont react..they look like incidents..one doesnt flinch at the hurt the incident must have caused us..its just a fading memory..
i hope i m speaking in d context of your post..